Namaste! Thank you for registering for the 7th annual Good Karma Virtual 5K! We welcome our new runners and walkers and appreciate the past and continued support from our Good Karma loyalists. We know you have a few questions so we’ll answer them here.
- When do I run my virtual race?
You can run/walk your 5K (3.1 miles) any time between 12:01am EST on Saturday, June 12 until 11:59pm PST on Sunday June 20, 2021. You may run as many 5K distances as you wish but only one will be reported.
You may run with others from your household. Otherwise, please follow all social distancing guidelines to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
- Do I have to run on a specific course?
No, you can run, jog, walk or hike any 5K route of your choice. You may choose to run on the road, trail, track, or treadmill on any date or time between June 12 and June 20.
- What do I do once I complete my run?
You have three options for reporting your time. The first two options make use of the ITS YOUR RACE platform. Detailed instructions can be found at: https://www.itsyourrace.com/pc/iyrvirtualhowto. Our official 2021 results will be available on June 22, 2021 after 12pm on goodkarmany.org
- Use the ITS YOUR RACE smartphone app – Open the app, search by name (Good Karma), go to “Tracker” and click “Ready to Start My Race.” Start the app and begin to run or walk with your phone, turn off the app when you complete the distance. The app will auto upload your time when you stop the app. You will be able to see your results on the race page. The race app is for one-time use. Plan ahead if you choose to use this Option
- Either login or create a new account with ITS YOUR RACE and report your time manually. The email you use to login to ITS YOUR RACE must match the email address that you enter during race registration.
- Registrants can also report their time using this link. Reported time will be manually uploaded to ITS YOUR RACE and could take several hours or up to 24 hours for updates to appear on the race page.
- What if I can’t complete my 5K between June 12-20? What if I don’t report my time?
We know that life happens. You will still receive your t-shirt but you won’t be listed in the results.
- When will I receive my race shirt?
Your shirt will be mailed either to you or your AIM for Seva chapter representative or Sewa International chapter representative in early August. We will distribute the shirts after the virtual event is over.
- Do I have to prove my time?
No, we are operating on an honor system. You can time yourself and input your time through the procedure listed on our website FAQs.
- Are you having awards?
Yes, we will have awards for the top three men and women. Your award will be mailed to you after the virtual event has been completed and all times have been reported. Results will be posted on goodkarmany.org.
- Can I share pictures or on social media?
We would love to see your pictures! You can upload them at the same time you input your time. We would also love to have you share your photos on facebook.com/goodkarmarun and use #goodkarma5k and #goodkarmarun.
- What charities are benefiting from the Good Karma Virtual 5K Run/Walk this year?
We are supporting AIM for Seva and Sewa International for Covid and hunger relief in the US and India. 100% of net proceeds are being donated to these 4-star Charity Navigator organizations. To learn more and make a donation, go to goodkarmany.org.
- How are you dispersing the funds collected?
All net proceeds are being donated. 70% will go towards Covid relief through Sewa International and AIM for Seva. 30% is going to a local charity for Covid or hunger relief – chosen by each participating chapter or city.
- What else do I need to do?
Nothing! Just have fun completing 5K and celebrate your personal accomplishment and the group goal of assisting with Covid relief in India and the US.
If we missed anything or you have additional questions, please contact us at email@example.com.
We hope you enjoy the virtual race! Please invite your family and friends to participate. Registration is open until 11:59pm PST on Sunday, June 20, 2021.
Anu Ayachit, Mona Kulkarni-Caron, Prashant Gawde, Gauri Mehta, Rajesh Ramamurthy, and Sekhar Swaminathan
Good Karma of the Capital Region/AIM for Seva Albany Chapter
Albany, New York
We thank our race sponsors for their generous support!